School Boards typically have nine members, each serving three-year terms. Each year, three seats are up for election.
This year, there are two incumbents and two challengers running for those three seats. When you walk into the voting booth on election day, you can vote for one, two, or all three. I'm hoping you will vote for the three I am voting for.
I am casting my other two votes for Frank Blandino and Thomas Kinst.
I have served on the Board for three years with Mr. Blandino and have found that although we have voted opposite each other on several occasions, we share the same core values and philosophy - namely, that we must always value the role of the parent, and respect the wishes of the taxpayer. Mr. Blandino has been an ally on several important issues, namely, random drug testing - which we both opposed - and greater oversight of professional contracts.
I first met Thom Kinst when he ran unsuccessfully for the Board last year. I found him to be knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and absolutely willing to put in the time and effort it takes to make a difference as a board member.
Frank Blandino will be at the top of your ballot, I will be at the bottom, and Thom Kinst will be somewhere in the middle. Please find our names on April 20.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment